To cover you for an unforeseen emergency involving your heating system, internal plumbing and internal gas pipe work. An emergency is a situation that requires immediate action or attention to prevent damage to your home or property, to make your home safe such as an uncontrollable water leak or a reported smell of gas. All internal plumbing, heating and gas pipe work.
Essex Heating & Solar Ltd – Emergency Response Cover includes
- 24 hour, 365 days a year, priority call out service for gas or water leaks emergencies only. 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Essex Heating & Solar Ltd – Emergency Response Cover Exclusions
- Repair or replacement of Central Heating Boilers and controls
- Repair of Central Heating Systems
- Annual Boiler and Safety Check
- Repair or replacement of hot water cylinders
- Pressure Circulating Pumps
- Radiators and Radiator Valves
- Sanitary Ware, Saniflow Systems, Siphons, Taps and washers
- Frozen Pipe Work
- Iron Pipe work
- Up to £500 maximum per claim
- Maximum of 4 claims per year
Essex Heating & Solar Ltd – General Conditions
- The annual boiler service & safety check must be carried out between April and September. This enables us to provide a quicker response time during the winter months.
- We constantly monitor spare parts and keep the top 6000 parts in stock at all times. We have access to a next day delivery on over 25,000 spare parts from a National Supplier. However, it may be necessary to supply and fit an alternative or suitable reconditioned part from manufacturer.
- The work will normally be carried out by one of our engineers who are specially trained and hold the relevant qualifications. However, it may be necessary to use a suitably authorized contractor to carry out the work on our behalf.
Landlord Safety Certificates includes for one gas appliance only. Additional appliances will be charged at a discount price.
- Any work carried out outside the policy, payment will be required upfront.
Essex Heating & Solar Ltd – General Service Cover Exclusions
- Design or existing faults
- We will not include the cost of repairs needed because of design faults (unless we are responsible), or faults which existed before you entered into your agreement. For example, pipes buried under concrete floors that have been installed incorrectly or without wrapping or movement protection.
- Accidental damage/ Third-party damage/ damage from intentional risk taking
- The cost of repairs relating to damage caused by you is excluded from all agreements. Where work is undertaken on your system by a third party, whether or not following our advice, which results in damage to that or another part of your system, the repair of any such damage will be excluded from your agreement. All other loss and damage
- Unless we are responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss caused by the appliance, boiler or system to which this agreement relates breaking down or being accidentally damaged by you or leaking (for example, damage to furniture caused by water leaks).
- We will not be responsible for consequential damage or damage due to failure of water,gas or electricity supply or the cost of repairing faults or damage caused by subsidence, structural repair accidents, Fire, Lightening, Floods, storms, Explosion, Acts of Terrorism, riots, Negligence, Misuse and Vandalism.
- Costs arising from difficulties in getting to the equipment contained in the fabric of the building, lifting of laminated, wood or specialist floorings, re-stretching or carpets.
- Risks normally insured under household or other insurances except and only to the extent specifically stated as being included under a Service Cover
- We will not include the repairing of faults or damage or replacement of appliances/ systems caused by freezing weather conditions, subsidence, structural repairs, accident, fire, lightning, explosion, flood or storm. You should check your household insurance to make sure you have enough cover for these risks.
- If access has to be made to your appliance, boiler or system we will fill in any holes and leave the surface level but we will not replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration or repair of damage that may be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent.
- Improvements including work that is needed to bring your appliance/system up to current standards/legislative requirements or a change in Energy Efficiency and/or building regulations / Government Legislation. Examples of these improvements include replacing parts such as flues or vents that do not meet current standards (these are examples only, not a complete list). You may need to have improvements carried out before we are able to complete other repairs to your appliance/ system.
- Upgrades which you may want to have carried out to improve your appliance/system. Examples of upgrades include replacing working radiators with improved models (these are examples only, not a complete list).
- Replacing or repairing parts that do not affect how the appliance/ system works or decorative or specialist parts.
- The removal of any asbestos relating to the heating system or appliance or plumbing.
- Costs arising from not following manufacturer’s instructions.